552 Discussion # 1 TA: Guangyu Shi 09/13/2010 ------------------------------------- 0. Participation vote - All ok for those who participated the tutorial... If you have difficulties in participating the following discussions, let me know. 1. Quartus II Tutorial - Change the link for downloading QuartusII web edition (See link correction on the website); - Change the disk from q: to your account disk i: (applies for all course projects) - Compile after creating or modifying your design, before simulation. - When you want to simulate with a new vector wave file, you need to change the target .vwf file in the simulator tool (Processing -> Simulator Tool). Here you can also change the mode of simulation (Timing/Functional) - do not connect bus to single wires without naming them. When you name the bus/wire correctly, you even don't need to connect them. --- Since I was not able to show you each step on the instructor's computer, I will go through some of the details during the next discussion section. 2. Homework 1 - Discuss next time .. 3. Other questions -None